PDA

View Full Version : Should I ditch the tm6900 or wait ?

HotRock
11-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Hi Im fairly new to the whole satelite tv game, but have just enjoyed my first years viewing. When I first got hooked up I had all the premire package, a mct package on hot bird, digi film 1 and 2 and a load of channels I could record and watch. Amazing, and no subscription. Didnt even know this was possible a year ago, like many other people whom I have introduced !!
Now most of my favorate channels have gone, and nothing new seems to be opening. Is encryption getting to good for the hackers or are people all moving in a new direction to CS.
My standard 6900 is not the super model and Im thinking of ditching it, and selling on **** to get the new super model that allows CS. It seems with this linked up to the pc every thing is open !!
Is the need for patches going to dye out as everyone moves to CS ?
Will any one make a patch for the standard 6900 so I can use my existing kit, or should I just order the new super model ?
Is techno mate the best way to go for hd boxs, or does any one have any other suggestions for upgrading like dream box, or should I just sit tight and wait ?

HotRock

Dreamlife
11-11-2008, 01:17 AM
I would say it depends on how you see a linux box to know if it's right for you. If you see it as a kinda toy which you can experiement and mess with or if you just want it for free TV or free football. If it's purely just to watch free TV then I don't think a linux box or CS is the answer. That's my opinion anyway.

HotRock
12-11-2008, 02:04 AM
I just want free tv, and as much of it as possible with out having to mess around to much. If its just a matter of a cable and link to the internet, and of course a few hours to set up, then it will work perfectly, no problem. But if its a whole load of messing around every day just to get a channel, Id rather not. The easier the better. I dont mind a complicated setup, but once done I like it to work just like a normal S**box, hassle free. I like using the patches, but alot of encryption has changed and I cannot get that many good channels any more, particualy the films in HD and sport.
Just considering a change to cs, or do you think some new packages will open up soon ? As I said, I ve only known about this for a year, so it may be totally normal for packages to go black then come back. I hope Premire Direk comes back or somthing similar. What do you think ?
Hotrock

mynameisEarl
17-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Hello Hotrock,

I'm quite new to this 'game' too. For what it's worth, my opinion is, don't invest in anything on the _expectation_ that you can easily watch stuff for free. CS is greatly more fiddly than simple patching and softcams and the picture quality you may achieve is very variable.
Also bear in mind your IP address is involved and arguably open to being tracked, similar to bit torrent.

I would say, get a good up to date system (your receiver is fine) that lets you watch whatever you are prepared to pay for on as many European satellites as you can; preferably a motorised system. Then, anything else is purely a bonus which may vanish just as quickly as it appears.

Lee

PS I hear some CAM modules such as Diablo can open more than 'standard' patches, maybe using a certain card and programmer, but I have no experience of that.

madsod
17-11-2008, 05:46 PM
as said c/s is so up and down its not for ever one , and the picutre at times can be very poor , if you do go this way i think the dreambox will be better then a t/mate

HotRock
25-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks for your advice, I have decided to stick with the tm 6900 for the moment, and wait and see what happens. In the mean time I will look in to cams to see if I can get any more channels open that way. After all I have 2 card slots that i am currently not using. When I bought the reciever I was told that you cannot get anything else open other than what the magic patch does, so there is no point in buying a cam.
I will have to do a bit of reasearch and find out if that is true or not.
Thanks again,
hot rock

madsod
25-11-2008, 01:26 AM
if you get a diablo cam this will open conax on thor and w2 at 16 % , and a good few h/d on thor also for how long we dont no . i have the same set up as you and the cam

mastercare
25-11-2008, 02:20 AM
well i think you have been lucky hotrock as u have said u have had premier digi etc etc...but u dont seem to have a sub for anything...hacking chs is not a 5 min job and involves hours of work and alot of the right contacts...alot of it is done by large commercial guys who make alot money out of cards tit vista k3 the list goes on...with cs there are small groups who share what they are subcribed to..i doubt u will get far if u have nothing to offer mate...get a basic sub and get in volved with a small group your learn alot and gain alot chs..

cheers

drpaulos
25-11-2008, 09:52 AM
At this time a Diablo 2.3 CAM is a good option, as it does clear some of Premiere on 19E (Conax channels), as well as Kabelkiosk on 8W, Canal Digital on 1W, and Digitalb on 16E. Inxworld and ***view on 13E have also been working.

The HD channels on Canal Digital are especially good :)

Doc

snaps
27-11-2008, 05:51 AM
At this time a Diablo 2.3 CAM is a good option, as it does clear some of Premiere on 19E (Conax channels), as well as Kabelkiosk on 8W, Canal Digital on 1W, and Digitalb on 16E. Inxworld and ***view on 13E have also been working.

The HD channels on Canal Digital are especially good :)

Doc

Yes, best package for HD. If we ever loose it via emu, then i will consider a sub to it. Subs are very hard to come across though.