PDA

View Full Version : How To PlayInternal HDD files?

stefor
13-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi All

I've just bought a 500gb Western Digital internal 2.5" drive for my dreambox 800. Installed it, initialised it, told it to record something which it did as the files are there on the dreambox, but when I go to play the file using it's media player the screen just goes blank and pressing the green play button doesn't make it play at all, it just sits there at 0.00 and not advancing (playing). I know it's being recorded perfect because when you copy the file using DCC to my PC hard drive it plays great on my PC using VLC.

Another question, is there any decent software you all use to convert the *.ts files into *.mkv files so I can archive them onto my HD media player?

I'm pretty stuck as I bought 2 of these drives, one for me and one for a friend. I'm not going to let him have his until I get mine working just incase it's a compatibility problem.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Cheers
stefor

Eugenie
13-11-2008, 08:15 PM
What happens when you press the video button on your remote...do you get a list of your recordings...and do they play from there?

stefor
13-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.

It lets me see the file in the menu, highlight it and when it goes into the media player I press the green play button and the screen is just blank and the file stays at 0:00. Even if you press FF, it indicates that its (4x or whatever) but file stays at 0:00!! Like I say download it to PC and quality is superb!

Eugenie
13-11-2008, 08:42 PM
You shouldnīt need to press the green/play button. If you make a recording and then want to play this recording you should just have to hit the videobutton which will bring up the recorded files in /hdd/movie/ and once you press ok on a highlighted recording the recording should simply play. Sounds strange if this is not working...but do this, reboot your 800, Iīve had the same happen to me on rare occasions and this fixed it.

stefor
13-11-2008, 10:45 PM
EUGENIE, YOU ARE A STAR!! Just rebooted the machine and it works fine! Why would this happen?

THANK YOU:respect-051:

Eugenie
13-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Itīs probably a rare little snag causing the execution of the specific code to faulter. Iīve had my 800 for months, I record and play files many times every day and itīs only happened to me twice.

yesfan
14-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Had this happen with anything I recorded on itv hd, reboot didnt solve it unfortunately.

Are there any media player plugins to replace the default media player, I always seem to have a nightmare using the default one?