PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 6900 HD Combo firmware quest!

Loz
20-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Can I roll back my firmware by just loading the previous one on a memory stick or do I have to do it by null cable?

Loz.

johntee50
20-11-2008, 07:49 AM
By firmware, I presume you mean patch. You just load an older patch onto your usb stick and away you go. As a matter of interest, why do you want to revert to an earlier patch ?

Regards, JT.

teassoc
20-11-2008, 11:16 AM
I'd be surprised if it was as simple as that. I'd expect you to have to do a factory rest then load the appropriate earlier version of the patch.

Need to save your channel list before doing these changes.

johntee50
20-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I downgraded mine a couple of weeks ago to the first patch that I had saved, which was 650 something from the Technomate site, as I was trying to sort out a problem with the dish not moving most of the time. I just installed it without a factory reset or saving the channel list and it worked OK for me.

Regards, JT.

Loz
20-11-2008, 08:02 PM
By firmware, I presume you mean patch. You just load an older patch onto your usb stick and away you go. As a matter of interest, why do you want to revert to an earlier patch ?

Regards, JT.

Thanks for the replies.... my reason for wanting to roll back is since I've upgraded to the latest patch... I've found I can't get CH4 HD using my sly card in the slot any more and I just want to check its not the patch that's causing it... if it works I'll let you know...

Loz:respect-054:

jrbmw
20-11-2008, 08:50 PM
you are suppose to load the official firmware first then the patch

regards jrbmw

Loz
20-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Rolled back the patch straight off the memory stick... did my test only to find CH4 HD still not working... it's down to the card being out the sly box for so long CH 4 HD and five must have updated keys..... anyway thanks again guys

Loz