PDA

View Full Version : humax5400 & USAL

red alert
20-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Hi all

Its been sometime since i last posted here. I was wondering does the hummy5400 work with USALS motors? Ive purchased one and im not sure how the hummy will be compatible with it.

cheers

red alert

caribe
20-11-2008, 05:51 PM
red alert, the 5400 doesn't support Usals, since as far as I know Usals came out after the 5400 was already in the market.

What I did in my case was borrow from a friend a Kaon that supports Usals, then I used it to "fix" the various satellite positions for my motor. After setting, say Hotbird, I switched the antenna cable to the Humax to memorize the position on the Humax, then on to the next satellite and so on. It's kind of a pain in the ass, but you have to do it only the first time.

That and not having "blind searches" for feeds are the only drawbacks I find on the 5400, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else, including dreamboxes and similar sets.

I hope I have answered your question.

Best regards

red alert
20-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi Caribe

Thanx for the reply m8. I was thinking the same, i will do that unless i get a USALS reciever. But the hummy 5400 is too good never got any probs with it and have it for like 5 years now. Ill just stick too the hummy5400 for now.

cheers

red alert