PDA

View Full Version : supersports

chippy
23-11-2008, 10:20 AM
hi guys, could someone tell me if supersports is ok. its not clearing for me. also the signal is very low. could this be that the keys need updating or the transponder is up the creek. your help is much appreciated. chippy:o15:

SAUS04
23-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Supersports is fine would say its neither of the above most likely your dish isnt aligned quite right, or your LNB could be faulty id say your not aligned correctly my signal strenth is 89 so nothing at all wrong with the transponder and i watched the ricky hatton fight this morning :P

danndg
23-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi chippy had the same problem so I brushed the snow off the dish and then tweaked the dish a little bit and got a good signal. also live on south east coast

chippy
23-11-2008, 11:40 AM
thanks sauso4. it was working fine upto lastnight. also all of the other channels are ok. its just the sports where the signal is v low. would that still point to the dish being out of alignment even though the rest of the sat has a good signal strength . chippy

SAUS04
23-11-2008, 11:49 AM
may well still be............. Eutelsat W2 (16.0E) - 11449.00 H - Txp: C12 - Beam: Europe is the transponder. Some transponders are weaker than others so dish only needs to move slightly to affect signal quality on the weaker transponders where as on stonger transponders it may not effect it. if you check you will find all the channels on that transponder wont be working correctly if you have a motorised system i would go and pick that transponder and adjust the dish slightley using your reciever if that fixes it then fine id say get up a ladder and more it manualy

chippy
23-11-2008, 11:58 AM
thanks suas04. i did as you reccomended, ( i have a motorised system) fiddled with the usals whatever they are. got a stronger signal and all is well. im not going up a ladder yet though its horrible weather in east at the mo. so thanks to you all for your help chippy