PDA

View Full Version : lnb?maybe

williamtell
24-11-2008, 11:50 AM
hi guys, i,ve recently lost signal on a few tp,s on thor including bbc world & prime & canal +action/sport extra/ 2 etc, i,m pulling most others in ie dfns on c+sport drama/comedy, wonder if it could possible be lnb/ bad weekend for the wind/snow cold conditions etc,
i have read up on forum but can,t seem to find like 4 like problem.:07

satwyn
24-11-2008, 12:15 PM
with this type of fault you will need to check dish alignment receiver lnb and cable more likely is the dish a fraction off the transponders you are missing could be a bit weaker than the others more than one beam on 1w

williamtell
24-11-2008, 12:28 PM
cheers satwyn, i,ve had tweek with the dish but no signal on nudge e&w either way, i have rebooted receiver in the past and bingo but alas not today?lnb has been up there 8 years so suppose it doesent owe me much,prbably a bit of moisture as i awoke on saturday with that dreaded white stuff!!!! funny association that, with nordic lol

echelon
24-11-2008, 12:31 PM
given that lnb,s are so cheap and lower noise figures , I would definitely replace it and remake the connection before doing any tweaking

satwyn
24-11-2008, 12:33 PM
e/w but also up and down could also be the receiver on the way out if you have a spare try that if you do go up the ladder try another lnb the only other problem could be the cable and connections good luck

nosmo king
24-11-2008, 12:46 PM
What frequencies are these tranponders ?

Glenn_911
24-11-2008, 12:55 PM
willemtell

Think your horizontal polarisatie of Lnb is damage, for 10 euros you got a brand new one.

Glenn_911

williamtell
24-11-2008, 01:09 PM
e/w but also up and down could also be the receiver on the way out if you have a spare try that if you do go up the ladder try another lnb the only other problem could be the cable and connections good luck

hmmm [up & down] maybe after the high winds??? ta

williamtell
25-11-2008, 10:34 AM
willemtell

Think your horizontal polarisatie of Lnb is damage, for 10 euros you got a brand new one.

Glenn_911

i have been checking some horizontal frequencies on thor & eutelw2 it does appear that no signal is coming from these [tp,s freqs] only
on reboot of receiver and then only intermittently, so i would say that your message is correct, hope so anyhow, i,d prefer lnb to tf5000cip receiver as the latter is only 18 months old, one way to find out new lnb for my 36v system, cheers glenn & all, nice to get to the root of the problem.

centaur
25-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Sounds like you have the same problem I have with tf5000cip and 0.2 titanium LNB.
I 've been up the ladder to adjust the fittings on the pole up down left right but no real progress. I have two receivers attached to the LNB one is tf7710 relatively new and both receivers are experiencing the same problem. I thought the output on the transponders might have been turned down, but I know now that others can still get the various channels so will be changing my LNB ASAP. Have also lost the DIGI film channels as well as those you mention on Thor.
Let me know how you get on and I'll do likewise.

williamtell
30-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Hi guys, just to report it was actually lnb fault on polarization, checked with meter at receiver end to confirm so replaced faulty one and bingo on all lost stuff, made sure also on tightening of new lnb it remained on full signal with thor , sometimes you can turn lnb in holder away from best signal/quality.:respect-063:

Glenn_911
01-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Willem

I think you must be some happy guy now ? :number-one-043:

Take care

Glenn_911