PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference

Lawsy
25-11-2008, 09:52 AM
In the market for a move to an HD box.

I am familiar with Dreambox 500, Relook & Mutant .

I see we have the Dreambox 800 & forthcoming 8000

Also cuberevo HD and Mini (900 & 910 i think).

Am i right in thinking the mini and 800 are a match for each other. Single tuner and ability to put an external harddrive.

The Cuberevo HD and 8000 are a bit unclear. I believe the cuberevo has twin tuner and ability to mount internal HDD. What about the 8000. Also there seems to be a considerable price difference.

The last bit regarding cuberevo is the nuts and bolts of flashing, ftp and emu's.

Does it need flashing, can it read my sky card and connect to CCCam.

Any help gretaly appreciated.

Cheers

Lawsy

catseye
25-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi Lawsy

From what i understand the Cuberevo mini/3000HDPVR/IpBox 900/910 models are similar to the Dream 800Hd

The Ipbox 910/Cuberevo 3000HDPVR has single tuner, 2 cam slots & 1 card reader-internal/external 2.5 SATA HDD

The 900 uses external HDD & no card reader & 1 cam slot £289.00

The Cuberevo/IPBox 9000 has twin tuners, internal 3.5 HDD, 2 cam slots & 2 card readers £438.28

If you have a look at our sponsers full specs/prices etc are on their site

Dream 8000HD due on sale soon -price thought to be around £870 for basic model

With regard to loading images -ive been advised its as easy as a dreambox

There is a beta version of Enigma for these boxes now -hopefully flash version soon

I think Mbox/Incubus cam is used to connect to 1 line on cccam/gbox-maybe other members can advise on this

Im not sure about the sly card -again maybe other folks on here can advise

Hope this helps

Keano
25-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Lawsy long time no speak m8.

The cuberevo will not read your sky card in its card slot.

This is something to do with the sci drivers. It will work via external reader using newcs.

Flashing the box is easy, with the mini versions you put image on to a usb stick turn box on while holding standby until message usb upgrade appears then let go.
The 9000 you connect to your pc with usb lead, this is where its handy to have a laptop.

Incubus cam will connect to 1 CCcam server at present.

The only problem at the mo is it wont work with narga 3, so cabo and d+ on 30.0w is out of the question for now.

You could use mgcamd and this works fine.

Hope this helps anymore questions let us know.

Cheers

Lawsy
25-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks for your help.

I will do a bit more reading.

Keano, hope all is well your end.

Lawsy