PDA

View Full Version : expired card

veron57
25-11-2008, 02:54 PM
My legit freesat sly uk card was working fine up until the last day or so but now it seems to have expired. When I use:

(command prompt)
telnet <dreambox ip> 3001 / sub

it shows that it has indeed expired.

(web browser)
http:// <dreambox ip> : 16001

it shows everything is working/communicating ok

I was only getting a few channels from it including:

Channel 4HD
Five
Fiver
sly3
etc

I dont have the original married box either! :banghead:
Because im a one man band, I have no other contacts in the sat world who might have helped update it in another dreambox (other than dm800)

I dont fully understand the issue here, is this a problem with cccam software running on the dm800 or with the dm800 firmware/bootloader?

I dont have much to watch now anyway. Hopefully my motor will arrive this week to give me more choice in channels.

Dont want to have to spend to get a usb reader, cant justify spending anymore just yet.

satpaul
25-11-2008, 03:03 PM
it will update in any sky box card does not have to be paired knock on your neighbours door and ask him a favour

stefor
25-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Is there a problem updating Sly cards in a DM800? I thought if you have NewCS running and the line <au>on</au> in the user section, it will update the card automatically for you. By using NewCS you don't need the original boxid as I got told off another member it gets it from the card. Maybe wrong (as I usually am!!).

stefor

veron57
25-11-2008, 03:21 PM
it will update in any sky box card does not have to be paired knock on your neighbours door and ask him a favour

thats nice info, i will have to try this.

My config is already set to: <au>on</au>
If you check in command prompt using telnet, you can see when it will expire. Keep an eye on this. I checked mine a few times and the date kept getting closer until it finally passed and the few channels that were up are now gone. I can always rescan for the new five fta i suppose until i refresh the card

veron57
26-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the help TNT.

My card has updated successfully in the dm800 using mgcamd1.31+newcs1.62

bobothebear
28-11-2008, 10:25 PM
What so just install mgcamd and create a script to launch them both much the same as the one for CCcam + NewCS and it will then update?
I'm wondering the same thing when my card expires.

veron57
29-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Keep monitoring your expiry dates with telnet

I'd say first see if cccam and newcs is working for you, it could be that i had bad settings. But because things are working for me now I am happy to leave them as they are.

To do what ive done you need to:

-Blue panel, addons, download-gemini-server, cam entries, mgcamd1.31
-Blue panel, addons, download-gemini-server, cam entries, newcs 1.62 bin
-Blue panel, addons, download-gemini-server, cam configs, mgcamd1.30
-Blue panel, addons, download-gemini-server, cam configs, newcs 1.62

(its a good idea to check your configs that were automatically installed, you may want to adjust them or check them)

-Blue panel, select left/right to find: 'mgcamd1.31/newcs1.62' then click 'start/restart camd'

It took a few hours for the card to update.

DaOne
08-12-2008, 07:05 PM
this might help....might not
images seem to work for some others prefer different ones
this works for me
if u r usng cccam the install the cccam info in the downloads its easier to check the expire dates on your cards plus you can see your peers easier if u need to

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=96475