PDA

View Full Version : its arrived

apollo0073
25-11-2008, 08:03 PM
hi all

new hd800 arrived today,kinda glad i have purchased but hopefully will be really happy once installed.
whilst i wait for mate to pop round and help me remove tv off wall to instal the hdmi lead i have a question or 2

is it best to turn on and set up with origanal image,do a software update then instal new software?

which is the best image at the moment and that you can download and instal CCcam?

anyone set up one of these with a vbox 2 ? if so how.

thx

consolglass
25-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Quite a few tutorials mate and also info regarding connection and settings for using a v box..
I followed the tutorial for flashing my box and then dowloaded and installed nabillo0.3..mind you as a total newbie its not for the feint hearted...I`ve had mine for over a month now and still really not up and running correctly mate...good luck to yer

scrupples
25-11-2008, 09:20 PM
doesnt help when you have some numpty trying to help you does it!!! :)

Quite a few tutorials mate and also info regarding connection and settings for using a v box..
I followed the tutorial for flashing my box and then dowloaded and installed nabillo0.3..mind you as a total newbie its not for the feint hearted...I`ve had mine for over a month now and still really not up and running correctly mate...good luck to yer

paul01609
25-11-2008, 09:25 PM
i like the lt image best thing is the epg

veron57
25-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Congratulations on your new purchase.

The more things you do the more you will learn.

If its brand new I'd say just flash it straight away with Gemini 3.8. Use blue-panel/addons/gemini-server to download cccam and configs.

Then you can perform a software-update using Menu/plugins/softwareupdate

apollo0073
26-11-2008, 12:47 AM
ta veron57

plugged him in and setup and updated straightaway. then i flashed with gemini and put me cccam config in him :)
was a nice sticky with info on vbox so that was really easy to do.
luvly little box :)
1 prob so far, i like to use bitcontrolŽ Dreambox to stream vid but it fails. is there a nice easy way to stream from dreambox to pc or laptop?
also if i play with images will i have to reconfig that sat positions every time?

thx guys

veron57
26-11-2008, 01:40 AM
I make sure I keep my commonly used channel list/settings on my PC. If I have to re-flash, all I need to do is set a static IP, change password, and copy my channel settings back accross using dreambox edit. You can also make a FULL backup through menu/plugins/

With streaming to PC.
Download latest VLC. When you install it on your PC make sure you tick all the boxes such as: mozilla support / activex support / m3u support (under video). Once this is done, type your dreambox ip in your browser (then hit enter), click on the channel you want (in the big list of channels in the centre). This will change the dreambox to that channel, then click the little computer screen just towards the right of that channel name on the webinterface. A little pop up will appear with something about .m3u... click open, and it will start playing in vlc on your PC :D

I havent managed to get this working for the HD channels just yet... maybe bandwidth issue or encoding issue but its not important for me.

apollo0073
26-11-2008, 07:52 PM
installed gemini and all went ok with channel lists etc untill i did the software upgrade in plugins, altho it came back it disabled the remote control. i rebooted etc but the remote wouldnt work so i had to re-instal the gemini.
dont know why it failed? is it because gemini on flash and not on usb?
i dunno, any help pls as i would like to keep it upto date

canthackit
26-11-2008, 08:13 PM
did you make sure you pressed the DB button on the remote and not accidently the TV?

regards: canthackit

Gone_Fishing
26-11-2008, 08:22 PM
is there a nice easy way to stream from dreambox to pc or laptop?

If you have VLC installed you can create a shortcut for streaming, just put a VLC shortcut on your desktop then right click it and select Properties

Replace whats in the "Target" box with the following below (Replace YourPassword with your box password and correct the IP with your box IP)

"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" http://root:YourPassword@192.168.1.1/video.m3u

Then all you need to do is click the VLC shortcut to stream

(The above assumes you installed VLC to its default location)

TNT

apollo0073
26-11-2008, 09:51 PM
did you make sure you pressed the DB button on the remote and not accidently the TV?

yeh m8 first thing i checked,ill try again to update and see what happens

apollo0073
26-11-2008, 11:45 PM
thx TNT but it will not work for me :(, going thro the browser works but only what im watching on the box,i cannot change channels with it :( or is that how it works?

update: worked out how to change channel seems you have to close what ur watching then it opens again.but dreambox on tv goes black.maybe it needs an update as the 7000s i had worked great for it.

canthackit
27-11-2008, 04:10 PM
ok mate
keep us posted, this is a weird 'un.

apollo0073
28-11-2008, 09:08 PM
since reinstal i try d/l plugins and software update and it says theres none, maybe that right.
have another problem tho :) some channels are breaking up but i dont think it is a signal problem. is only happening on 28.2 east channels.is it possible that likra settings are incorrect? as on some other sats it says missing pids or something esp on sly ita

veron57
29-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Do a network test first to make sure its configured properly.

what channels say missing pids? I have a few in my list such as BBC Three and Four at certain times of the day but thats a known thing.

If the channels are breaking up... could be your dish not being aligned that well. Are you cardsharing? this can also cause disruption i've heard

apollo0073
29-11-2008, 09:45 PM
hi, rebooted and that fixed the update issue.
loaded new settings from likra and channels only on 28.2 still have issues. mainly the fta music Scuzz,chart show,etc.. also horse and country or somat which wifey wants.
trouble is when i loaded settings they worked but after a bit they no-longer just breaking up all the time

x5
30-11-2008, 01:26 PM
do a manual channel scan on 28.2 on (option clear before scan) put yes
make sure u install bootloader 67

apollo0073
30-11-2008, 05:18 PM
done rescan and they seem to last a min or 2 then drift to breaking up,perhaps same time as cccam kicks in?
how do i know i have bootloader 67 installed, i had gemini on flash (now nablio blackhole on usb) which i did a software update,would it be included or do you have to manually put it in?

x5
30-11-2008, 06:48 PM
whem u say breaking up r u using your card or CS?? did u test with other receiver maybe dish not in the rigth position??
what CCcam version u using??

check this for secondstage
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=95203

new secobdstage69 just out now but cant upload here

apollo0073
01-12-2008, 01:35 AM
x5 thanks,
updated bootloader has no effect. i have found the problem i think.

all channels on 11642 V 27500 2/3 28.2 east break up no other channels

just happens i want really wana watch Flaunt :(

veron57
01-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Try a manual scan just on the settings/frequencies you have given in your last post.
If it goes well there should be some channels listed under the scan bar, including flaunt. Then try viewing the channel again. ?

I wouldn't think cccam would make a difference because flaunt is fta

apollo0073
01-12-2008, 02:22 AM
just tried that and yes picks up 16 channels, has same effect still crappy :(
tried clearing them aswell.

veron57
01-12-2008, 02:43 AM
Try going to the main list of channels on your dreambox (the huge unassorted list of channels) instead of choosing the channel from your channel list bouquet. Do you know what I mean?

Find Flaunt in the list and see if it works. There could be more than one entry for it, see if one will work. If it does, manually add it to your bouquet using the menu button whilst in the channel-list.

This is a strange problem especially if it works for a short while and then stops.

apollo0073
02-12-2008, 08:15 AM
did try that also, same effect.
My thoughts are turning to the vbox as it was the same with the dm7000 .
That's the only thing left really but a pain to change and to test but I suppose I'll have to