PDA

View Full Version : Humax iCord Adding Satellites

MrPaul
28-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Just bought an iCord and cannot add new satellites. I have two fixed dishes with a total of 4 LNB's into a Disecq switch. Everytime I add a satellite through the antenna menu it says it cannot find new channels. Anyone have any ideas ? It camewith the latest firmware (version 13 - which is only on the German site, UK still has ver 7). At this rate I'm not going to have any hair left and the good lady is starting to make rather critical remarks about spending too much money to get a couple of HD channels.

I found a channel editor on the Humax German site (called Uniformula) which will edit the channel list via RS232 cable or on a USB stick, but cannot add satellites through this.

Help - I'm beginning to think I made a major mistake with this box!

Thanks - Paul.

Tmull
29-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Paul, First let me say that I agree with your last sentance. I certainly made a mistake when I bought mine and to compound the problemI also bought one for my son.As the one person who proberly did most to promote this box my appolagises to you if it was one of my posts that led you astray. I have now downgraded my iCord to second box as I have aquired a Technomate 6900hd. Now to help you with your problem. I assume from your post that you manage to get the sat you want into the menu. Now you have to add a transmitting transponder by putting in the frequency and the fec and polarity. Now go to search and any channel on that frequency will load into the box. This holds the sat in the menu but you may have to input each frequency manually to obtain all the transponders on that sat.For a box costing the price it does it is discraceful that it has only 24 Satellites in its menu. You have no acess to vids and pids and the second tuner is a joke. I have been looking and offering help on four forums now for ten months and no development of this box has taken place. I was very active on a German forum for this box but now the English section on that forum is almost dead on its feet. I know you paid good money and are a proud owner now but my advice to you is if it is still reasonable new take it back as any other box even at the bottom of the range has to be better.Saying that the quality of the SD and HD pictures are outstanding. Be aware also that the iCord has magor compatibility problems with the Diablo cam and no one ,and I mean no one is interested. We have a saying here in Ireland ;A pig in a poke: I bought one and so did you. Sorry for being so downharted but if this post prevents even one member making the mistake you and I have it will be worth it.TMULL

MrPaul
29-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Ouch - I looked at the Technomate and then saw a Dr. Dish programme that gave this a recommendation and a star, so I thought it must be good!
I managed to add the satellite into the menu using "user defined" but if I add a transponder and save it then go to search it says no transponders, so I add it in again and it finds no channels. I'm pretty sure I am entering the right info and the dish/cable/switch is good because when I connect my old Topfield box everything is there and working.

Not sure if I can persuade the shop to take it back but I'll play today and if nothing works I'll try and return.

Thanks for replying - I'm feeling pretty lonely with this problem child and no responses from the Humax tech support people.

Thanks - Paul.