PDA

View Full Version : A complete Noob with Tom Tom Go 300-help

gbmitie
01-12-2008, 11:29 AM
I want to put maps with uk and roi on my 300 as it only has GB at present. I have been reading but still lost. The memory card is 128mb and I have tom tom home version 2.5. When I connect it says I need to update tom tom appplication for go one rider but when I start to download, it says not enough space, short 2mb.

I dont know what I can clear out! And I dont know what goes on the inernal memory and what goes on the card memory.

Here is the version bits, 5.201, 0S: 908 gpsv1.21, boot 2.18, gb maps v562.

All I reallly need is a simple step by step guide on how I get to latest version with the correct maps. Can I just start with a new card? Is the os sytem on the internal memory? I dont want to chance it in case I muck it up completely.

I have done a backup of everything just in case.

HELP

gbmitie

Russell1
01-12-2008, 07:27 PM
First get a bigger memory card. If you want to use copied maps do not update the software from tomtom, use a copy posted on the forum (v815 maps will only work with software v8.203 or higher) & you will need to activate them using the easyusetools posted in this section.

gbmitie
01-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Thank you. I can see logic of bigger card but the sd cards I have wont work so I assume there are special tom tom cards. I'll have a look on **** etc.

My problem is getting the sequence right ie how do I load the correct software, then the maps, it sinking in but very slowly. Card will take a few days so I can read more.

gb--

Russell1
02-12-2008, 12:21 AM
most SD cards should be fine - I use a Sandisk Extreme III 2gb or a Toshiba 1gb in my Go500.

Some mixed results for Go300 users - OK for some, not OK for others.

First copy old card to new card & check it all works.
Copy new software to memory card - overwrite any existing folders / files.
Copy new map folder to memory card. You can also remove old map folder - but if the map folders have the same name you must delete the old map folder first.
Add the latest postcode files ( they go in folder named 'zip).
Use the easyusetools to activate the map.