PDA

View Full Version : CH4 HD - Background Commentary

moonbase
04-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Hi,

I was watching a programme on CH4 HD (The Devils *****) on a Panasonic 37THPX80 TV and had a background commentary on the events on screen. For example, someone gets up out of a chair and I get a commentary stating ""man gets up from chair.....".

The commentary was not on CH4 nonHD. Is there any way to get rid if this boll0cks and WTF is it?

Thx

kmc
04-12-2008, 10:01 PM
it's used for blind people,i think if you go into audio options you can turn it off
regards
kmc

nosmo king
04-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Menu
Sound
Audio discrption

On/off

Tony B2
06-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Yes - they do that on BBC HD quite often, when they are simulcasting with the SD transmission. Rather narks me that the audio channel that gives less of a lipsync problem on my Humax also has this bloody commentary.

Why TF they have to have this commentary on the HD transmission - for blind people - is quite beyond me.

Put it on the bloody SD transmission....

snaps
07-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Yes - they do that on BBC HD quite often, when they are simulcasting with the SD transmission. Rather narks me that the audio channel that gives less of a lipsync problem on my Humax also has this bloody commentary.

Why TF they have to have this commentary on the HD transmission - for blind people - is quite beyond me.

Put it on the bloody SD transmission....

Its so that blind people can appreciate the full offers of HD TV!