PDA

View Full Version : usals installations probs

red alert
16-12-2008, 09:50 PM
hi all

Been trying to get my usals system to pick up all the satellite but i keep getting problems. I have followed the instructions like pointing dish south and tweaking the dish at 1 west and setting my longitude and latitude in the receiver. Now that all works well but then i get only the satellites from 12.5 west to 19 east and not anything further. So for example of i want to see arabsat 2a i would need to lower the elevation of the motorizer then id pick it up. But then id lose 1 west and hotbird. I have checked my longitude and latitude at the dishpointing website. i have mounted the dish and motorizer on the wall.

any ideas?

regards

red alert
17-12-2008, 01:33 PM
thanx for the reply. i finally noticed what the problem was. The dish i have is a gibertini 1.2m dish its a good dish but the problem is the back plate of the dish rubs against the edge of the motorizer and in doing so increases the elevation of the dish itself. for example if i set the elevation of the dish to 22.5 then when i rotate the dish to 26 east an di look at the dish elevation i notice it now says 24.5. So what i have done is increase the dish elevation to 28 so that the plate at the back does not hit the edge of the motorizer. So now ive had to increase the elevation of the motorizer to pick up some satellites i have tweaked it this way. Any other way around this? My point is..is there a way to pick up all the satellites still?

if this doesnt make sence ill take a picture of it later so what i write makes sence .

cheers

satwyn
17-12-2008, 01:42 PM
should have used the matching polar mount with the gibertini it's also quite a heavy dish for the motor wind load ect unless sheltered i personally would not use but i'm sure meny others would and probably have

red alert
17-12-2008, 01:59 PM
i bought this as a motorized package from a site. so it was one of those all you need to get setup with usals with dish. everything came packaged and had to build the dish polar mount that was in pieces in the box. if i can pick up satellites from 42 east to 1 west then it will be ok.

satwyn
17-12-2008, 03:33 PM
you do not use both polar mount and diseqc motor there is no usals on the polar mount you will need to use one ot the other if using supplied polar mount you will need an actuator arm and compatable receiver with 36v output or a converter v box

red alert
17-12-2008, 06:05 PM
basically its just the wall mount and a pole, and on the pole i have attached the usals motor, and on the usals motor is the dish with its mounts. The problem is im trying to pick up all the satellites when i have had to increase the elevation of the dish, so it does not hit the edge of the motor. if i have increased the elevation of the dish and motor wouldnt i have to change the usals setting in the receiver like longitude and latitude?

satwyn
17-12-2008, 06:36 PM
buy the matching polar mount or adapt the back plate then you should be ok changing long and lat will not work

red alert
04-01-2009, 02:56 AM
i checked and the one i have is actually the matching polar mount...maybe a design flaw?? Anyway i have fixed it now and can pick up all east and west satellites. I increased elevation of dish so it dont hit motorizer then i decreased elevation of motorizer mount. I moved the motor and dish to the right by a few cm. set motor to 0 at this point then set to thor 0.8. And that worked well.

cheers