PDA

View Full Version : Sirius 5E Or 4.8

fuji
17-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Can someone let me know if its still possible to clear any channels on 5E. I used to be able to get Kingston and some others I think but can't get anything now. Tried doing a rescan but can't lock onto the Sat. Is it actually now Sirius 4.8E not 5E. If so do any idea how to get the motor setting that have 4.8 as I have tried the latest PET123 & Captains settings but these only have 5E.
Many Thanks

matu37
18-12-2008, 02:27 PM
you can only clear Kingston & Travel

there was a solution for some nds crypted channels aswell but it was with VPlug, but there is no updates.

The Kingston & Travel means PB ja PG channels
these are **** btw.

fuji
18-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks
I've tried them but no luck. I'm only getting 59% SNR for some reason. They did work but I've not moved my dish to 5E for months. All other Sats I can get no problem Astra to 30W all ok. I thought it may have something to do with my motor setting being 5E not 4.8.

january_king
07-01-2009, 10:38 AM
You put me on the right track with the above as I was (am??) having motor problems driving to 0.8W and 4.8E, a.k.a. 1W and 5E. I am using Pli but the same applies with other images.
I think that these have to be set the same in the satellite config as well as the channel list set-up otherwise the motor does not match them and recognise them correctly.
JK

wanna
10-01-2009, 12:11 AM
i was having the same prob but put dish on i degrees with default fac settings stored and now they are ok running pli on 720s 90cm manhattan hth