PDA

View Full Version : Best SatNav for the missus?

mrbleu500
18-12-2008, 10:19 AM
MrsBleu has had a RoadAngel Navigator for a few years, and it has started playing up so we need to replace it. The satnav functions on this unit are not the best, but she likes the speed camera warning stuff.

What would be the best unit to get as replacement? The latest RA Navigator 9000 is over the top for what she wants, and costs a fortune. What do you guys think is the one we should consider?

mb

veron57
18-12-2008, 03:17 PM
I think most satnav's these days have POI - point of interests, that include fixed speed camera locations. I am very familiar with tomtom so that would be my suggestion.

A friend of mine gave me a lift the other day and I was quite impressed with his satnav-navigo. He paid about £40-50 for it. Its a much cheaper solution but it did the job well. What I liked about it was when you come to a roundabout it gave a birdseye view showing a map of the roundabout and which exit you need to take.
I have found that using tomtom figuring out which exit to take on a busy roundabout (if there are many options) can be a bit tricky, especially due to a little time taken to update your position.

I'd prefer tomtom. But navigo would do the job for cheaper

chopper1
23-12-2008, 11:55 PM
I have the Binatone A350 which is good value for around £55, its fine when you have the postcode but without the postcode can be hit or miss finding your destination.
Chopper