PDA

View Full Version : TNTSAT - HD Channels

camheidi
24-12-2008, 12:49 AM
I bought a Sagem HD receiver in France during the holidays for receiving French National TV Services. The guy in Carrefour promised me that the HD channels will be broadcasting soon from Astra and this was a good buy.

I think I have been conned, none fo the French channels appear in HD with the exception of Arte and this is not exactly the greatest viewing in he world.

In fact for the best part of £200 probably the most expensive waste of time that I have ever spent my money on.

ANyone know if these HD channels will be appearing on TNTSAT.

natoma
24-12-2008, 10:31 AM
The new HD French channels will be broadcasted on TNTSat starting on February 15th, 2009, so it was not a totally waste of money.

The quality of the Sagem receiver is however very poor, and it is brided, so that (apart from TNTSat) you can only receive the Astra FTA channels.

I have a TNTSat Strong SD (which I paid 99 Euros in France), I had no choice because I have a diseqc switch that does not work with the Sagem. My only hope to watch the HD TNTSat channels is that some CAM will support the card (in France they were talking about the Powercam Pro, but I think it is only rumours) sooner or later, so that I can throw away that sh***y decoder and watch HD channels properly on my CT5000.

camheidi
26-12-2008, 06:16 AM
Thanks for the very useful update, I think the Sagem I bought is a terrible piece of kit. It takes about 15 seconds from turning on to initialise before it begins to decode pictures. Furthermore I can't see any way it can be upgraded should Sagem wish to do so, do you know also if the viaccess card supplied with the STB is linked to the STB only, I have tried this card in both dragon and diablo and none of them seem to work.

camheidi
16-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Well the 15th February has finallly come and gone and nothing has happened with my TNTSAT Sagem HD receiver. Any one got any updates what if anything has happened to TNTSAT on Astra 1 with Viaccess

pipino
16-02-2009, 08:49 PM
what a pile of shayt the french HD decoder Sagem91 i´v just saw one ,not working because they are sending OTA for different version,and the owner been told he has to send it to tech department because he has an old version in his box,funny enough same happen last month with the sagem SD version ,the guy is fuming...french quality is realy gone dowhill

passete
16-02-2009, 09:01 PM
For Now, in my Opinion there no Hd Channels yet, You must wait first, that the Terrestrial HD channels are operating and broadcasting.
With this kind of receiver, you can't get others scrambled channels.
Unless you get a subscription from C+ France with an Viacess Card.

Rergards.

camheidi
16-02-2009, 11:34 PM
The TNTSAT.fr web site clearly states that the HD channels from Astra will start on 15th Feb. My technomate 6800 does now show that the encryption is also viaccess as well as as seca as was the case until sunday, but despite all of this there is nothing happening on my Sagem bought back in September last year.

pipino
17-02-2009, 12:19 AM
that sagem is a real cheap looking box they could put more effort for that price tag,by the way the viaccess ecm you are seing its not normal viaccess its an exclusive variation for TNTSAT ,and only TNTSATboxes can process them ,in the other side also the Algerian Box Cristor do accept those cards,there is strong rumors that next CCcam release will handle those cards also..lets wait and see...cheers

camheidi
17-02-2009, 09:32 AM
All the HD channels have appeared this morning on channels 51 52 56 and 57. However to bo honest the quality is poor and the picture keeps breaking up. Much better to watch SD pictures with some degree of quality that trying to watch them in HD when it keeps breaking all the time.

oulit
21-02-2009, 03:49 PM
pipino
tntsat card ,down on cristor and itgate hypercam.

natoma
23-02-2009, 10:05 AM
@camheidi

If you still have breaking problems with TNTSat HD, it may depend on the size and/or pointing of your dish. No such problems are reported in the French forums, they even say that the quality of the Sat HD signal is better that the corresponding HD channels via terrestrial diffusion. Of course the problems with the Sagem quality is still there, though just before February 15th your decoder should have picked up a firmware update that solved (some :redface:) of the problems of the machine.

The fact that you are receiving a clear SD signal may be due to the fact that you are near the threshold for receiving the signal. A larger flux of data, such as that needed for HD, may be more difficult to receive with a stable signal.