PDA

View Full Version : Sid not found in pat

simon 2003
26-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Went to bed last night all fine this morning most channels give me this message with the odd tuner failed,bbc london and cbeebies work but alot of regional bbc 1 channels did not work on the same TP,same on 1 west ,nova sports ,prima cz,but others work,any ideas,could it be dreaded dying alps tuner only had it a day,using latest nabillo no diseq

consolglass
26-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I get this messsage quite a lot too....using nabilosat 0.5...one day fine....next day "tuner failed" or "sid not found in pat"..have just lived with it to be honest..I`d be really interested to find out what causes it...cable ? lnb ? alignment? or indeed the tuner ???

simon 2003
26-12-2008, 03:17 PM
i read somewhere its an enigma 2 bug,pain in the ars,,defo not cable,alignment ,or lnb,as i loop through to other rec and thats fine dunno whether to ask supplier for another tuner

canthackit
27-12-2008, 01:56 PM
it's either a dead or slow transponder, dont worry guys we all get it.

regards: canthackit

consolglass
27-12-2008, 10:06 PM
well it looks like a cable problem for me (as lnb is new)..moved the dish to 28deg. and plugged in my s@y dish cable/lnb...and all worked fine...noticed with my "current" system that not many frequencies above 12.1xxx clear..below that all is fine...any one got any ideas what this is ???

crabber
28-12-2008, 12:42 AM
I use enigma2 on Kathrein and often get message "sid not found in pat" before the channel clears, especially if I have just changed satellite.
Tbh I have no clue about what it means, wtf is sid doing in pat anyway?
Please would someone explain.

sonic1
28-12-2008, 11:18 AM
As a guess SID is service id as for PAT no idea maybe T= transponder?

kebien
29-12-2008, 07:29 AM
SID is the program/channel number
PAT is program allocation table,meaning it details where the receiver must look in the trasponder to get information (pids) for the said channel number.(and all other channels present in the tuned trasponder)
So,if doesn;t see the sid in the pat,will give you the message
I hope it is clear to you.

canthackit
29-12-2008, 12:57 PM
thanks kebien.

thats cleared that up:respect-055:

regards: canthackit

crabber
29-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Thank you, I would still like to turn the message off as my channels normally clear just after the sid/pat notice on screen proving that obviously sid has found pat after all. (or perhaps we could have another message saying "it has now")
But then I'm just a grumpy old sod.

irishguy
29-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Sid is getting older these days and Pat is a very high maintenance..

Pat - let Sid have a break over christmas.. :)

applematt
29-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Thank you, I would still like to turn the message off as my channels normally clear just after the sid/pat notice on screen proving that obviously sid has found pat after all. (or perhaps we could have another message saying "it has now")
But then I'm just a grumpy old sod.

Your not grumpy! Hows life in AUssieLAND?