PDA

View Full Version : fine tune

arold1968
29-12-2008, 02:28 PM
hi just bought a tm 6800 new to this as was used to a humax, but that packed up a while back
when i plugged it in and set it up i found that my dish had moved, so have managed to set up again but i dont think i have the true arc . my question is i have bbc world no problems quality running at 78% but d!gi tv 2% some romainian programs but not all . same when i move to 28.2 e not all the chanels
i have been up + down for the past 4 days trying to get a better signal on 1w but no avail. would the lengh of coax matter? at the moment it runs around the outside of the house . i have a 1 meter dish, should i be able to recieve the other chanels on 1w or do i have the best signal now sorry if these questions sound stupid but have recked my brains (all the one cell) tring to fine tune it
many thanks for any info please

SAUS04
29-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Sounds like your pole/Braket isnt level BBC world is on canal + Nordic on 0.8w Digi TV is on 1w On Slys main satelite 28.2 some of the other channels are on 28.5 id suggest getting a spirit level up the lader with you and test it all away round the pole. it only takes the pole?braket to move slightly and your way off the arc. :respect-055:

arold1968
29-12-2008, 03:04 PM
thanks for the prompt reply

up the ladder again then i go