PDA

View Full Version : HD quality

baddog
30-12-2008, 01:32 PM
I have been watching bits and pieces of the film The Brady Bunch on Canal + HD scandinavia and the quality was excellent but the following film Snow Cake the quality was awful.It was pixellated and not very viewable at all.I thought I was watching the football on DigiAlb supersport. It proves that the varying quality of picture is down to the source material and nothing to do with malfunctioning equipment or broadcasting problems with providers. I saw an old 70s movie on one HD channel and it looked awful so why do providers use such inferior material!

simon 2003
30-12-2008, 03:22 PM
older stuff is just upscaled really,when the stuff is filmed with HD equipment like newer films quality should be excellent

Gone_Fishing
30-12-2008, 06:26 PM
older stuff is just upscaled really,when the stuff is filmed with HD equipment like newer films quality should be excellent

Afraid thats wrong most films are shot on 35mm film and this has been the industry standard for years, 35mm film obviously does not have a SD resolution

The quality depends on how old the film stock is and what condition its in and whats done to it when they transfer it to digital

When it comes to HD broadcasts that are bad quality it could be that its a bad digital HD transfer (old stock) or its just upscaled SD :respect-051:

When its good it can be spectacular when its bad it might as well be SD, watched "Herbie Fully Loaded" on BBC HD the other day not my sort of movie but the picture was outstanding

RABBY
31-12-2008, 08:31 PM
TNT

You are Right in what you are saying [ Most is being upscaled ] Which I have a [TOSHIBA ] Dvd Player which upscals to [ 1080p ] Not the same ?? Accually watch a film today [TRANSFORMERS ] On Sky [Only 1080I ] But it was Amasing [ Looked good on my PANASONIC TV ]:respect-067: